Slate is a very popular rock used for flooring and roofing. It is popular because its easy maintenance and natural color. Traditionally, it only comes in pale and gray shades and thus restricting the choices of color. However, as technology has advanced, there are many natural textures and colors to choose from. If you are looking a classic natural style, it is the flooring you’re looking for.
Maintaining slate tiles are very simple, regular dust mopping done frequently can keep it shiny for a long time. However, stains like coffee stains or tomato sauce from pasta can be spilled onto the floor by accident.
There are generally 2 methods to clean slate tile stains:
- Use heavy-duty tile & grout cleaners as they are strong stain removers.
- Apply them on the stains and let them dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a brush and clean the stains.
- Rinse with warm water and wipe any excess liquid from the surface.
- Use water based phosphoric acid cleaners along with water to remove any hard stains.
- Remove all the soap on the tile surface and follow the same procedure on other stains.
At Upstairs Downstairs, we have the largest and highest collection of slate tiles in the Greater Acton area. We also have experienced designers to help you pick the perfect tile for your flooring. Contact us at 978-462-9453 or fill out our contact form to learn more about slate tiles.